TouchType Limited ("TouchType") – Website Terms and Conditions of Use
This page states the Terms and Conditions under which you may use the Websites located at www.swiftkey.net and www.touchtype-online.com (the “Websites”). Please read this page carefully. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use the Websites.
TouchType may review these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this posting.
You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Continued use of the Websites constitutes your agreement to all such revised Terms and Conditions of Use.
TouchType is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 06671487 and has its registered office at 91-95 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 0AX.
- 1. USE OF MATERIAL
- 1.1. TouchType authorises you to view and download a single copy of the information on the Websites solely for your personal, non-commercial use. Special rules may apply to other terms provided on the Websites. Any such special rules are listed as “Policies” on the Websites and are incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
- 1.2. Except where expressly stated otherwise, all information contained on the Websites is owned by or licensed to TouchType. The information and content contained on the Websites, such as text, graphics, software, images and other such material (“Material”), are protected by Intellectual Property Rights. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate TouchType’s Intellectual Property Rights. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material.
- 1.3. You undertake that you will in connection with your use of the Websites:
- 1.3.1. only view and use the Websites for your own purpose and you may not sell, publish or modify the Material or reproduce, display, publicly, perform, distribute, store, retransmit or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose;
- 1.3.3. not use the Websites nor the Material in any manner which constitutes an infringement of any third party rights (including Intellectual Property Rights);
- 1.3.4. not use the Websites nor the Material to transmit any information or content for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising without the prior written consent of TouchType;
- 1.3.5. not send a message or communication which is offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, menacing or illegal;
- 1.3.6. not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to, or breach the rights of any other person;
- 1.3.7. not use, possess, post, transmit or publish obscene material;
- 1.3.8. not upload, post, publish or transmit any Material which is protected by copyright or other Intellectual Property Right without the prior written consent of its owner;
- 1.3.9. not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- 1.4. You agree not to attempt to reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or disassemble the Websites or any Material or knowingly allow others to do so, except to the extent allowed by applicable laws. You may not modify any Material or create derivative works of any Material. You also may not onward transmit or distribute any Material electronically or via the internet.
- 1.5. The use of the Material on any other Websites or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited without our express consent in writing.
- 1.6. If you violate any of these Terms your permission to use the Material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the Material.
- 2. TOUCHTYPE’S LIABILITY
- 2.1. The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. TouchType and makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the Material or any reliance by you on the Website and the Material.
- 2.2. The use of the Websites and the Material is at your own risk.
- 2.3. TouchType does not warrant that the Websites will be continuously available to you at any time, operate error-free or that the Websites and its server are free of computer viruses and other harmful material.
- 2.4. The Websites and Material are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. TouchType and its suppliers, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties.
- 2.5. TouchType will not be liable in any way for any costs or expenses, loss of profit business contracts revenues or expected savings or any special indirect or consequential damage whatsoever arising out of any provision or use of the Materials or of any error or defect in either or of the performance non-performance or delayed performance of any products or services provided to you through the Websites by us.
- 2.6. Notwithstanding any other terms of these terms and conditions, TouchType does not attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 3. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- 3.1. The Websites may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by TouchType of the contents on such third party websites.
- 3.2. TouchType is not responsible for the content of linked third party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If you decide to access linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- 4. REGISTRATION, PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
- 4.1 If you register for any part of the Websites, you must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. Please also inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you have provided so that we can communicate with you effectively.
- 4.2 If you register to use the Websites you may be asked to create a password. You must keep this password confidential and must not disclose or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting email@example.com.
- 4.3 If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Websites, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend your account.
- 5. SUBMITTING CONTENT TO THE WEB SITE
- 5.1. You shall remain solely liable for any Material you submit to the Websites. In submitting any Material to the Websites you hereby agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless and keep indemnified, TouchType, its parent, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, damage, other expenses or loss we may incur (including without limitation legal fees) as a result of any Material you submit or any violation by you of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- 5.2. By submitting any Material to the Websites, you agree to grant TouchType an irrevocable, free of charge, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual licence to use such Material and the unrestricted right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the Material for any purpose commercial or otherwise.
- 6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1 We may use your information to process requests for products or services, provide access to privileged areas of the Websites, to administer contests and competitions, personalise your visit to our site and to enable us to review, develop and improve products, services, and special offers we provide online. We may occasionally carry out market research and send you details of services and offers that we think will be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such information, please ensure you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively when we send you an e-mail, please use the opt-out provisions provided.
- 7. TERMINATION
- 7.1. TouchType shall, at any time, have the right to terminate these Terms and Conditions of Use (and your use of the Websites) immediately and without notice to you.
- 8. GENERAL
- 8.1. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Websites from outside of the UK you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
- 8.2. The construction, validity and performance of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed in all respects by English law, and the Parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 8.3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- 8.4. No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other.
- 8.5. Except as expressly provided in a particular Policy or material on particular web pages of the Websites, these Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between you and TouchType with respect to your use of the Websites.