We have a new update for the beta with emoji support and optional number row for you today in response to your feedback.
We’ve listened to your comments in the VIP forum and added a range of changes and fixes, including issues many testers reported with posting emoji on Instagram. We’ve also added a “recently used” emoji tab to enable you to quickly revisit your favorite icons.
We hope you enjoy the latest update, thank you to everyone who is testing out this beta, we’re grateful for your feedback and suggestions. Keep sharing your ideas and issues in the VIP forum – it’s free and quick to join.
Evan and the SwiftKey Team
- Addition of a “recently used” emoji tab to display previously chosen icons
- Smart emoji layout now adapts to the amount of space on the screen
- Twitter personalization updated after Twitter updated its API
- Missing emoji from first emoji tab now reinstated
- Fixed some force closes
- Dark theme reinstated
- Always have emoji at least as secondary on IMEGoKey (eg allows you to insert emoji in Instagram)
- Interim menu not being dismissed after locking/unlocking the screen
- Enabling split landscape numpad in 7″ devices
- Updates to Kannada and Malayalam languages from user feedback
- Fixed odd number row issue in Azerty Nederland keyboard layout
- Added conjunt consonants to six Indic layouts (Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada and Telugu)
- Improved behaviour on web fields in KitKat
- Missing ѝ in Bulgarian layouts
- Layout improvements in all languages (number row duplicates, new characters, etc)
- Notifying the user if a download fails due to insufficient storage
- Changed hotmail.com to outlook.com on the @ key in “To” email fields
- It is still not always possible to insert a new line in some apps.