Update 28th January 2013 – see our latest blog post for the newest Beta
Hi there SwiftKey fans,
Many thanks for all of your feedback regarding SwiftKey Flow beta, it has been really helpful to hear what you love, what you’re not so sure of, and of course your bug reports.
While we’ve been gathering up your feedback our developers have not been resting - they’ve been working hard on a number of performance enhancements to make SwiftKey Flow work faster and more smoothly on your devices.
Please download these APKs and leave us your feedback on our VIP Community – your comments can help shape the future of SwiftKey.
Watch this space for more updates and new features based on feedback from our awesome VIPs.
SwiftKey Flow Beta 220.127.116.11 changelog
- Flow-through-space autocommit: if you flow-through space but mess up your last word, all the prior words will be inserted (instead of losing all the words)
- Flow in landscape on tablets (not on split layout with numpad)
- Battery usage improved (when flowing and when not in use)
- Performance of flowing and tapping improved
- Longpress of bottom-right (smiley/enter) button now works
- Fixed some force close issues
- Fixed some memory leaks
- Predictions not lost when changing keyboard layout (e.g to symbols)
- Fixed DOuble CApitalization issue
Things to be aware of:
- Flowing currently only works in fields where you see the prediction bar: in fields that have their own prediction or completion there is no prediction bar and therefore no Flow (e.g. URL bars, search bars, the “to” field of an email)
- Flow-through-space only works in languages where smart space works – in some languages this is turned off because words are often made by combining other words together,and so smart space would divide up words that you want to keep as one. Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Persian (Farsi), Romanian, Swedish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukranian, Urdu may not work with Flow-through-space
- SwiftKey Flow Beta does not currently contain any features that were new in SwiftKey 3.1 (Berry theme, new languages, split layout in landscape for normal-sized devices)
- Slide-left-to-delete a whole word does not work when Flowing is enabled – instead try holding down the backspace key to delete word-by-word
- Flow trail is sometimes left on the screen at the end of a word
- Personalization service continues running when it has finished
- Memory usage is still higher than we would like
- Flow trail is very faint on some CyanogenMod ROMs
- Force closes on Motorola Atrix and LG G2X with custom ROMs >= 4.0
- If a language pack is downloaded while typing the keyboard is not refreshed
- Predictions are too large on LDPI devices
- Predictions occasionally lost when alternately backspacing/spacing at the end of a word
- Ukrainian spit layout is broken
- Estonian words containing ö are not predicted
- Arrow keys do not repeat on longpress