Celebrate the Nickel Pack release with a theme pack sale
January 21, 2015
March 11, 2014
Let’s face it: the cloud isn’t reserved for big business and enterprise. Thanks to the likes of iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, and countless others, cloud storage and streaming has become commonplace even for novice computer users. The benefits are clear: signing up for cloud services protects you from data loss, and it enables you to access vital information anywhere on Earth so long as there’s a connection.
Here at SwiftKey we’re big believers in user benefits, which is why we launched SwiftKey Cloud. If you haven’t tried it out yet, here are five reasons why you should.
1) Extra smarts: Only Cloud users will receive suggestions for Trending Phrases, the names, places, and news events causing a buzz in your language. This feature cuts down character input time for all of the hottest topics, from sports to celebrities, that you’ll soon be talking about.
2) Signing up is comically easy: Open up your SwiftKey keyboard app, head to Settings, and Enable Cloud. If you have a Google account, you’ll be done in just a couple of taps.
3) Protection from data loss: No one ever expects their phone to croak, but it happens. With SwiftKey Cloud, all of your personal language behaviors and insights will be backed up securely, making your life that much easier if you ever have to reinstall the app on a new device.
4) Family affair: For those using multiple Android phones, or perhaps a phone and a tablet, SwiftKey Cloud will sync all of your commonly used phrases across all of your devices. If, for instance, you’ve taught SwiftKey a word on your tablet, it’ll quickly be available as a suggestion on your smartphone.
5) Extended learning: With SwiftKey Cloud, any messaging you do via Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, or a variety of other accounts will be learned in the background, enabling SwiftKey to become smarter and more personalized with no extra effort on your behalf.
6) OK, I know I said it was only five but I couldn’t resist adding a final one to point out that SwiftKey has a robust data security policy and we understand many users are interested in this area, so if you want to know more about how and where your data is stored, it’s right here on the site.
Looking for more? Our SwiftKey Cloud page has your Frequently Asked Questions, and be sure to reach out in the comments section below.